Do you believe?
While Jesus was on the earth before he performed a miracle where he healed the sick and even raised the dead there is one thing that stands out. He said to the believer, be it unto you according to your faith or in other words your belief (see Matthew 8:13, 9:22,29, Mark 5:34). In fact he surrounded himself with persons who believed before he performed a marvelous act of faith. I believe that he was able to draw from the belief of the crowd in order to glorify God.
In Mark chapter 9 the bible tells us about a man who wanted healing for his child who had an illness from birth. He asked Jesus, if you can please heal my son. Jesus responded; “ ‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” Mark 9:23-24 NIV. By Jesus’s response he is say saying, do you believe I can do what you desire? If we believe then we will receive. That my friends is what I consider to be the faith requirement.
Through out belief in what God can do in a matter we empower God to show up and show off!
What is faith?
Hebrews 11:1 says, faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Faith is practical, our belief should be demonstrated through our words by declaration and positivity and in our actions by walking in victory in the whatever our heart desires. Walking in the assurance of faith is the challenge today. I too, am guilty of being impatient where if I am believing God for something I become weary in waiting.
In our individual lives we hope for a lot of things, sometimes we are not conscience of what we hope for. Let’s take a look at a day to day illustration to see how faith plays a part. Carol drives to work everyday, same journey and path to her destination. On her way there she may encounter a lot of obstacles. However she has faith that she will arrive on time and safely. Here is where we hope and have faith that the obstacles are easy to overcome or don’t befall us. This is the same in our life circumstances we know what we want the outcome to be, but in getting there the challenges are ever present sometimes new and surprising. God is saying to us to believe no matter the obstacle.
Obstacles encountered during your faith walk is a distraction. Don’t focus on them by getting worried and anxious. God is still in control!
How do we fulfill the faith requirement?
Let’s make this practical, the enemy is out to fight us for the will of God in our lives. So we have to ask God to give us the strategies to fight back. Let’s get started:
- Keep record: whatever you are believing God for be it Health, restoration of a broken family, marriage, relationships, your children’s salvation, a job, financial stability you name it, get a journal and write them down.
- Release them in prayer to God write down your prayers if you wish. Make your request known to God as often as you wish. Rely on the leading of the Holy Spirit in prayer, allowing yourself to be free in the arms of God.
- When the opposite to what you are praying for happens take note of that too. Be aware of the tactics that the enemy is using to turn your faith into doubt. We will be tempted to react with negativity, frustration, anxiety, unbelief and doubt, but be aware of these thoughts. Know that you can pray and ask God to help your unbelief turn it into good thoughts those that are of victory and praise worthy.
- Walk and live in victory: begin to see what you are believing God for in action. Pray that life down, prophesy to the dryness in your life. “For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:10 NKJV). We have the power to speak things into being, don’t doubt, our strength is renewed when we believe.
- Be patience:“We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.” Hebrews 6:11-12 NIV. When we believe we are also required to be patient and let God work.
- Renew your mind: focus on the word of God by reading and living the scriptures, get to know Jesus in a real way, in waiting don’t get caught up in the promise only, get close to God.
God is looking for a people who will rise up in radical child like faith… Would you answer the call?
Have a blessed week and remember we are a loved by God.