Being patient and waiting are two words and actions that we as human beings aren’t particularly enthusiastic about. In our lives we’ve had to wait for exam results, jobs, spouses, children, prosperity, the will of God for our lives and if we don’t possess the grace to wait we get consumed, impatient, sometimes worried and try to work things out for ourselves.
Current waiting status
One of the main things I am currently waiting for at the moment is the right Job. One that allows me to have time for nightly church services, the gym, my son and family and well me, a job that can financially support my expenditure activities, if that’s a thing. That maybe a lot to ask for but I gave it all to God, my stands is, if God said no to me keeping my last job then there must be something bigger in store for me, so I wait. In waiting I don’t just sit down and hope that I get a job, I prepare. I will send out resumes, place the outcome in Gods hands through prayer and not worrying, give of myself and time to the things I usually which I had more time for. So in waiting I build on what I missed out on and in turn develop patience.
For the past couple weeks I have being reading (the bible) about David and his journey after he was anointed by God to be king (1 Samuel 16). He did not however automatically become king, he had a waiting period. During that period he had to endure some struggles one particularly where he was pursued by king Saul, who so desired to kill him (1 Samuel 18). His story is so amazing, he did not give up or dishonor the current king with ego and pride he had a patient attitude. He was faithful in the things that God put between him and his blessing. He probably learnt how to be the best king by looking at what to do/ or not to while he was in the king’s service. This is a lesson for us to make use of what we have currently to help in where we want to go. He believed in God’s promise and waited patiently. God promises never fail! As written in Joshua 21: 43 – 45 (NIV) 43 So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there. 44 The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their ancestors. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord gave all their enemies into their hands. 45 Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.
Be faithful in the things that God put between you and your blessing.
Before you enter the promise there will always be a waiting period. During that time submit yourself to the preparation no matter how cruel.
What have I learnt thus far during my waiting period
- God knows which experiences I need to function in my promise land. I look at every aspect of my life as an opportunity to learn. For example with limited finances I am learning how to budget better and rely on God as my source. Time spent with my son I get to teach him more values and pay greater attention to him and his likes. Every morning he wakes up he is like, “mummy you not going work?” In his cute wake up voice. I then respond “no baby I am not working these days” and he gets so excited. As a working mom one of my fears is not being totally involved in how my son grows up. Now I have time to teach him Godly and moral values in my own way. Still thank God that I have my families help when I am at work but sometimes I miss being a hands on parent, but still love to work :).
- I have also learnt why God says no to things that we have being praying for. He gives us the answer that we would want if we only know what he knows about what lies ahead for us. That is amazing and so true, so it is easier to trust him even more with what concerns me.
- Not to give into the negativity no matter where it comes from; my family, friends, co workers or myself, because they came like wildfire. God will never do anything that will not work out for my good. Jeremiah 29:11 says “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- To rely on God’s direction. My desire is to know what is next for me, and I have been praying for God to show me what to do and how to respond in every given opportunity. I am learning to give of myself more to God by making myself available to hear from him in my secret place, letting him guide me.
- To use what is available to me. In the beginning I slept most of the day after been home, then I decided Del make use of what you have. So I would say that I am working even though I am out of a job. I will get up, get dressed and get to my computer and work. I will do research, learn new stuff and work on a business idea that my nephew and I are currently trying to finalise.
When your season have shifted don’t get upset and throw tantrums, use what you have available to get you ready for the next level. God is good! His thoughts are higher than ours trust him to work things out, his timing is always perfect.
What is your current waiting status and position? Leave us a comment below.